Wednesday 25 November 2015

Global Design Project #GDP012

Hi again! Wow, two posts in one day! LOOK OUT!

I finally got some mojo today so I could make a card for one of my favourite blog challenges, Global Design Project. This week they have a CASE the designer, a beautiful card by Brian King. I'll show you Brian's card soon, but first I'll show you what I came up with!


I started out with Brian's colour scheme of Pool Party and Whisper White but that was as far as I got! Garden Green is one of my favourite shades of green for my trees, especially with white embossing! They just pop! I have also run my Pool Party piece through my big shot with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Then I sponged Whisper White craft ink gently over the raised embossing to create more of a snow effect. For the fallen snow I tore some Whisper White paper to make two 'hills'.

Here is Brian's beautiful card which links to the Global Design Project blog. Check it out!

http://www.global-design-project.com/2015/11/global-design-project-gdp012.html

For a complete list of the supplies I have used today are below.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Thanks for joining me again today!

Til next time,
Nicole x

3 comments:

  1. Nicole - I absolutely love it! Such great texture in the background of this card - and the white on the trees is BRILLIANT! Such a beautiful card - I'm thrilled that you played along with week. Thanks so much for creating for this week's CASE the Designer Challenge at the Global Design Project - I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous way to add snow to the trees Nicole. Thanks for sharing how you did that. I am definitely going to have to give that a go myself! Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these colours together Nicole! I'm glad you decided to be a little different and substitute the green for red. Thanks so much for playing along with Brian and the rest of the GDP team this week!

    ReplyDelete