Tuesday 29 March 2016

Global Design Project #GDP029 - Colour challenge

Hello there, thanks for stopping by my blog today for a challenge from Global Design Project. They have a colour challenge for us this week - eeeek!

The colours they have chosen are Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay and Early Espresso. Definitely not colours I think to put together, so here goes!

Here is what I came up with:


Firstly, I stamped by butterflies with the triple stamp set Watercolor Wings. The first layer was stamped off with Bermuda Bay and Tangelo Twist, the second layer is the same ink again, and the third layer is Early Espresso. 

The background uses the featured colours with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. However, when I finished stamping my 'splotches', I thought it looked too dark so I layered a piece of vellum over the top.

I layered this panel on a piece of Tangelo Twist Designer Series Paper in the diagonal pattern and then my Early Espresso card base.

Here is the challenge from Global Design Project. You can click on their image to see their blog!


http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/03/global-design-project-029-colour.html


I hope you enjoyed my card!

Til next time,
Nicole x


4 comments:

  1. This colour combo is so eye catching! Love the design too Nicole, another beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nailed the brief Nicole! Gorgeous card. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole - these butterflies are perfect! What a Spring-like approach to these colors! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's GDP Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Nicole! Love the gorgeous grunge stamped in the background. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! We appreciate your support of the GDP challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete